Not getting texts after switching to Android from iPhone

A

AC Question

I just switched to an Android phone from an iPhone and am not getting texts messages from people who use an iPhone. Their texts are sending as i messages instead of SMS. My iPhone has already been wiped. Does anyone know how to fix this?

saichick04

May 12, 2010
Visit site
You have to sign out of iMessage before you got your new phone. It just makes the process easier. Your friends' iPhone think you still have an iPhone so their text go through the iMessage server. It doesn't reach you because you don't have an iPhone. Call apple and have them remove you from the servers. It'll take a day or so to process.

All this information is in the forums too. :) good luck!

shortwave8669

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
You have to sign out of iMessage before you got your new phone. It just makes the process easier. Your friends' iPhone think you still have an iPhone so their text go through the iMessage server. It doesn't reach you because you don't have an iPhone. Call apple and have them remove you from the servers. It'll take a day or so to process.

All this information is in the forums too. :) good luck!

1) on your iPhone turn off iMessage (SETTINGS>MESSAGES>IMESSAGE-select off)

2) From your new Android phone send a text msg to Apple at 48369 that says STOP

3) Ask your friends using iPhones to go to their settings and activate the command "Send as SMS"
(SETTINGS>MESSAGES>SEND AS SMS). This should fix your problem....

If not, they may need to delete the earlier conversation thread to you when you were using your iPhone and send you a text message to your phone number as if it is the 1st time they are texting you

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad