My Samsung Galaxy S4 won't charge in the car

A

AC Question

I've had my Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337) since 2013. It's now running Android 4.4.2.

It charges fine when I have it plugged into the plug in attachment for the USB cord. Charging it at home, it works just fine both using the plug-in attachment as well as using the USB cord with my PC. I take the USB cord and try charging it in the car, it won't charge at all. I've tried other chargers in the car and nothing. What could be the problem and how do I fix it?

Joey Fletcher1

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
It charges other phones just fine. I've charged my brothers phone perfectly fine in the car, even with the same cord. I've even tried using his charging cord to his phone to charge mine and it won't charge in the car either.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It's going to take more than a forum to figure this one out. If other phones charge with that charger in the car, the charger is working right up to its USB port. If your phone charges when plugged into the USB port of a computer, your phone and cable are working. There's nothing else in the equation, so someone is going to have to be there, measuring where the power is being lost.