Samsung Galaxy 4 [Android Version 4.4.2] How to Root

A

AC Question

I am not a techie, just a mother looking for away to monitor (protect) her young daughter - and recently purchased a product named "StealthGenie". Once I have "root" my android device I will be able to monitor her facebook message, emails, sms, skype, record phone calls and more. Thus I need help from the pro's!

Listed below are the specs on the device I am trying to root:

Samsung Galaxy 4, Android version 4.4.2
Kernel Version: 3.4.0
Security Software Version: MDF v.1.0 Release 2
Provider: AT&T

Can anyone help me please!?

Daniel Bentan

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
To start off, the AT&T version of the GS4 has a locked boot loader meaning you can't flash a root file to root the phone. Your best bet would be to go on google and search towelroot and it should be the first link. Download the apk install it and open it. Press make it ra1n. If it says phone is not supported then you won't be able to root without unlocking the boot loader. If you try to unlock it and fail, the phone could get bricked. Best of luck!

Sent from T-Mobile Galaxy S4 running Echoe ROM v39.1 S5 port

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
A 3.4.0 kernel should be earlier than June 3, 2014, so Towel Root should work. Install, press the "Make it rain" button and wait until it's done.

Daniel, the bootloader has nothing to do with rooting the phone. Many of us (me included) have AT&T Samsungs with bootloaders that are rooted. (I don't run 3 legged horses or Linux without su.)

If you can figure out how to unlock the bootloader, I think the last amount I saw for the prize was around $18,000, and that was a long time ago. (If you soft-brick the phone, you just flash the stock ROM and try again. A soft brick is an annoyance, not a tragedy. I know - I flashed a keyboard as a ROM. Keyboards don't boot well. Very annoying [especially the part about my idiocy]. The phone was running 10 minutes later.)

If the kernel is dated a little later, try iRoot (you have to run that from a PC.)

hiphopaddict

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I mean you no disrespect, but spying on your kid is not a good idea. I had I'm very possessive mother who loved to spy on me when I was a kid. She'd eavesdrop on my conversations with friends, she searched my room every time I left, and she treated me like a criminal. This did nothing but push me further away and into more trouble.

I figured if I was going to be treated like a criminal, I would act like one as well. I know you're probably not anywhere near as bad as my mother, but it's something to think about.

Good luck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci