Suggest a new android phone

Arka1412

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
hey I want to buy an android phone for my brother..My budget is around 250 USD/147 Pounds/15000 INR ..Little bit confused..Features should be
1)quad core processor
2)1 gb ram
3)dual sim(if not no problem)
4)ffc
5)gorilla glass(preferable)

Last edited:

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Could you possibly convert your budget in to English pounds or US dollars?

Hopefully you will get this moved to "General Help And How To" for a better response.

Sent from my XT1032 using AC Forums mobile app

xperia2995

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Hang on.
Moto G does not support SD cards. You will get only 8GB for your apps and movies together.

Moto G has only a 4.5 inch screen.

Moto G has only a 5MP camera. Thats too bad.

Finally, non removable smaller capacity battery.

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=5831&idPhone2=6100

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hang on.
Moto G does not support SD cards. You will get only 8GB for your apps and movies together.

Moto G has only a 4.5 inch screen.

Moto G has only a 5MP camera. Thats too bad.

You're correct, but the OP wasn't asking for any of that.

FYI, the Moto G 4G does have an SD slot. The original G is the one that doesn't have one.

Posted via Android Central App

Roy Mustang

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
You're correct, but the OP wasn't asking for any of that.

FYI, the Moto G 4G does have an SD slot. The original G is the one that doesn't have one.

Posted via Android Central App
The 4g LTE version of moto g has not been launched in India.

As per OP's question I would recommend to wait for a Mi3 64gb version, if they launch it but 16gb one is also good enough.

Arka1412

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
The 4g LTE version of moto g has not been launched in India.

As per OP's question I would recommend to wait for a Mi3 64gb version, if they launch it but 16gb one is also good enough.
What is Mi3? can you tell me about the new HTC desire 616 which has been launched few days back? Its overall nice but not upgradable to kitkat

Roy Mustang

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
What is Mi3? can you tell me about the new HTC desire 616 which has been launched few days back? Its overall nice but not upgradable to kitkat
Mi3 is a phone by Xiaomi, this company has just entered the Indian market via the online store flipkart, the 2nd lot for the phone was sold out in 5 seconds.

With a 441 ppi full hd display, Qualcomm snapdragon 800 processor and gorilla glass 3 as it's specs it is giving Samsung and Lg's flagship a hard time mostly due to it's damn cheap price of 14000Rs./234 $.

You will have to register yourself to be a part of the next sales, for more information please check flipkart.

Regarding desire 616 I recommend not to even consider it, leaving all specs apart just look at the Internal Memory provided, only 4gb out of which only 2 gb would be available to you for app installation.

I would recommend you to go for Xiaomi Mi3 because of it's flagship line specifications and value for money or the Moto G which is currently available at a discounted price of 12000Rs./ 200$ for the 16 gb version, the rates have been reduced due to heavy competition offered by Xiaomi Mi3, I think.

Rest do your own research, check youtube vidoes and reviews.

Arka1412

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Mi3 is a phone by Xiaomi, this company has just entered the Indian market via the online store flipkart, the 2nd lot for the phone was sold out in 5 seconds.

With a 441 ppi full hd display, Qualcomm snapdragon 800 processor and gorilla glass 3 as it's specs it is giving Samsung and Lg's flagship a hard time mostly due to it's damn cheap price of 14000Rs./234 $.

You will have to register yourself to be a part of the next sales, for more information please check flipkart.

Regarding desire 616 I recommend not to even consider it, leaving all specs apart just look at the Internal Memory provided, only 4gb out of which only 2 gb would be available to you for app installation.

I would recommend you to go for Xiaomi Mi3 because of it's flagship line specifications and value for money or the Moto G which is currently available at a discounted price of 12000Rs./ 200$ for the 16 gb version, the rates have been reduced due to heavy competition offered by Xiaomi Mi3, I think.

Rest do your own research, check youtube vidoes and reviews.

Thanks mate I would love to go with MI3 but absense of service center is a huge issue for me..Moto G is the right option for me

Roy Mustang

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks mate I would love to go with MI3 but absense of service center is a huge issue for me..Moto G is the right option for me
They have service center in all major cities, I would recommend you to check that list, if your city is listed then there should be no problem also in my experience if the phone does not have any manufacturing defect then one just need not visit the service center and in case of manufacturing defect Flipkart has a 30 day replacement policy, had a issue with my Nexus7 and they arranged a door step replacement.

Anyways the Moto G is also without doubt a very good choice for an average user.