Nexus 5 Calendar won't work

A

AC Question

Unable to set up Calendar on my Nexus 5. It tells me I must add at least one Calendar account. When I go to add existing account, select Google, enter my gmail account name and password and go to Next, I get the message about the terms of service and select OK. At that point I get the message “there was a problem communicating with google servers. Try again later. That is as far as I get.

I think the problem may be due to the fact that my account was crossed up with another account my tennant used on my server. He has closed down the account and deleted his profile, but when I go to Calendars to Sync, his old hotmail address is still there, and it shows up as not snyced. It also shows up in my google account profile under “other profiles”.

I had the phone in to the Koodo store where I bought it, and they tried to get rid of the problem, but failed.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Unable to set up Calendar on my Nexus 5. It tells me I must add at least one Calendar account. When I go to add existing account, select Google, enter my gmail account name and password and go to Next, I get the message about the terms of service and select OK. At that point I get the message “there was a problem communicating with google servers. Try again later. That is as far as I get.

I think the problem may be due to the fact that my account was crossed up with another account my tennant used on my server. He has closed down the account and deleted his profile, but when I go to Calendars to Sync, his old hotmail address is still there, and it shows up as not snyced. It also shows up in my google account profile under “other profiles”.

I had the phone in to the Koodo store where I bought it, and they tried to get rid of the problem, but failed.

IMO do a factory reset and start fresh adding only your Gmail Account Contacts/Gmail/Calendar etc.