ransferring data and apps from a broken nexus 7 to a new unbroken one

A

AC Question

How do I do this? I'm having trouble with getting all the apps I had on the broken one onto the new one. I can't find all the pics I put on the old one. I can't find the place to put the ones I did find on the new one. I can't find my documents anywhere. The broken nexus 7 has a smashed screen so I can't access it at all. I can only see the screen with the lock on it. Since I had used this for work and need the pics and docs on it, most of which were not saved to the cloud/one drive, how do I get them back?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Reinstalling the apps should be easy on the new tablet--just log in with the same Google account, and any apps you installed from or purchased on Google Play Store will be available to install on the new tablet. The same applies for Amazon Appstore.

As for recovering photos and documents, that may be trickier. I assume that although you can see the lockscreen, the touchscreen doesn't register touches, right? You should check out this post and see if it might work for you: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...de-accessing-locked-phone-cracked-screen.html.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay