How do I move SMS messages from a Galaxy S4 to a LG G3?

A

AC Question

Hey all,

I just added a G3 to my account as a business line and swapped it with my personal S4. I downloaded a program called "Super Backup Pro".

I saved everything to my SD card from my S4. Then I installed that SD card into the G3. All of my calls and contacts went though without a hitch. All of the SMS messages also made it. I had 16k text which turned out to being about 9k new text on the G3. Everytime I try to open a SMS the phone freezes. A couple minutes later the phone shuts down messaging. I need these messages moved to the G3 quickly before I lose my mind having to read customer's text on the S4 and reply with the G3.

Has anyone successfully moved their messages from one phone to another? If so how did you do it? I ended up doing a master reset on the G3 and just added all of my contacts. Any help and a good push in the right direction would be great.

Thanks in advance!

LGElectronics

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Recommend trying to back up your messages using the LG Backup (Sender) application from the Google Play Store. You'll have to transfer the backup file manually over to the G3 and use LG Backup to restore. Let me know how it goes. ^SM

Hey all,

I just added a G3 to my account as a business line and swapped it with my personal S4. I downloaded a program called "Super Backup Pro".

I saved everything to my SD card from my S4. Then I installed that SD card into the G3. All of my calls and contacts went though without a hitch. All of the SMS messages also made it. I had 16k text which turned out to being about 9k new text on the G3. Everytime I try to open a SMS the phone freezes. A couple minutes later the phone shuts down messaging. I need these messages moved to the G3 quickly before I lose my mind having to read customer's text on the S4 and reply with the G3.

Has anyone successfully moved their messages from one phone to another? If so how did you do it? I ended up doing a master reset on the G3 and just added all of my contacts. Any help and a good push in the right direction would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney