Moto G Battery Drain after 4.4.4 Kitkat

shubin8

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
I am using Moto g xt1033. I've upgraded my phone last week and after the upgrade my battery is losing its juice a lot earlier than before. I've already wiped cache partition and followed other basic things but didn't help me. Haven't done a factory reset yet as I have some very important data. Suggestions or help will be widely appreciated. Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Can you show us some screenshots? Charge up to 100%, then use it normally until it's down to 20-30%. Then post the following screenshots:

1. The main Battery stats screen.
2. The fullsize battery graph (with awake time and cell signal strength).
3. The Screen category, to see total screen-on time.
4. The Cell Standby category (if present) to see time without signal.

prasadbulusu

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi B. Diddy,
I am using Moto g xt1033. Got it from flipkart yesterday with 4.4.2 in it. Updated to 4.4.4 as soon as I recieved it. Now my battery is really draining quickly. I keep the 2G internet ON throughout, but I dont browse that much. I use it for whatsapp and facebook. I play games like candy crush saga and smash it. battery drained fron 100% to 20% in 8 hours. screen brightness is in auto mode. What is the problem here. If I do hard reset, will there be any improvement in batery performance??

Thankyou for taking patience to read this and responding.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
From 100% to 20% in 8h doesn't sound too bad to me, especially if you had quite a high screen-on time, say 3 or 4 hours. Screenshots of the stats requested above would be very helpful.

Posted via Android Central App

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Try going to Google account settings with master sync on, and un-check most sync options for a while, especially photos. See if it improves, then turn them back on one at a time. No scientific reasoning, just a hunch of mine. On a major update, like from Jelly Bean to KitKat, Google overrides your previous settings and preferences and resets everything the Google way.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
100% to 20% in 8h is too fast for a Moto G. Post the screen shots that Diddy said and we can see the culprits. My bet, Facebook and Google +.

Set notifications and updates to manual in Play store.

Moto G from ACF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463