Music pauses randomly

Daniel Prince

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

I am new here. I had been facing this problem from few days. At first I thought it could be bug in the headphone but even after plugging in different headphones into my Canvas 4, music stops playing for a while and then will resume again. It happens only after I lock the screen on my phone. Tried different players but the bug is still there.

Plz help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is the music streaming, or is it locally stored? If it's streaming, are you using only wi-fi? If the pauses only happen when you lock the phone, it may be that the phone is dropping the wi-fi connection while it's asleep. Either use mobile data, or go to Settings>Wi-fi, tap the Menu button, then Advanced. Make sure wi-fi is set to stay on while asleep. Also uncheck any "wi-fi optimization" options, because that usually is for battery saving, not improving the wi-fi connection.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What format are the tracks in, and which music app are you using? Try another music player, see if it still skips. I like MortPlayer Music.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Can you clarify--do the pauses always coincide with the phone screen going to sleep, or will the music often keep playing even when the screen sleeps?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like the phone is inappropriately going into too deep a sleep. Do you have any kinds of battery saver apps installed that might be controlling this behavior?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv