Text messages mysteriously scroll to top of page

A

AC Question

So I just wasted an hour of my life going to Google/Android forums to fix this problem, with no results.

Here's the deal: I have an S3, and sometimes (i.e., all the time), a demon in my phone will take me from where I am in the conversation to the beginning of the text conversation--even if that conversation started a year ago.

A. Why does my phone do this?
B. How can I make my phone NOT do this?
and/or
C. Is there some sort of button that will make it go back to the end of the conversation?

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
A: Do you have Motion turned on? Don't recall if you can scroll by motion,but may be worth looking at.
B: See A....possibly.... ;)
C: Does pressing the back arrow, and then re-selecting the convo not do it? I assume your using stock, as you didn't state otherwise.

pomotexan

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Thank you, lizardchest, for your courteous response. I can't find "Motion" anywhere in Settings. There's a "Motions and gestures" button, but that seems to be a different thing.

I feel, it should be mentioned, that I have entered a circle of hell.

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Thank you, lizardchest, for your courteous response. I can't find "Motion" anywhere in Settings. There's a "Motions and gestures" button, but that seems to be a different thing.

I feel, it should be mentioned, that I have entered a circle of hell.
Motions is under Menu> Settings> My Device> Motion. You need to press on the word Motion, not the switch to the right of the word. (I'm sure the same as the motion and gestures you found) Go in that menu and disable the "Double tap to top" option. If that doesn't work, check out these options Fixing the Auto Scroll Problem in Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2 --mostly disabling All Share.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon