HTC One M8 Update - no WiFi

A

AC Question

Today I had a system update for my HTC one M8 and since then the WiFi won't switch on. I don't mean it won't connect, I mean that it says WiFi is switched off and it steadfastly refuses to switch back on. It still connects to 3G/4G internet but no WiFi. Anyone able to help please?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried a soft reset? Have you tried an app cached data wipe? Have you tried a cache partition wipe?

Posted via Android Central App

gudmundsson

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I have the same problem with my WiFi and also the camera does not work. Did the Factory Reset and still no luck. Anyone ???
This happened after I updated my phone from 4.4.2 to 4.4.3 (sad story)

Reg.
B.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
gudmundsson: The camera problem is going to require attention apart from the wifi problem. Try Settings, Apps, find the Camera app, open it, and clear cache and data. Force Stop. Then Power Off the phone and Restart. If that fixes it, good. If not, repeat all the steps above, but Uninstall Updates as well. If that fixes it, good. If not, try wiping the Cache Partition, if you haven't already. If still no good, report back and we'll think of something else.

Posted via Android Central App

gudmundsson

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your swift reply.

About WiFi:
Tried everything on the "[GUIDE] Troubleshooting Wi-Fi Connection Problems" but nothing worked. WiFi still does not turn ON, when turning it ON it is like it is trying for about 10-15 sec then quits.

About Camera:
did all of the above with no results, camera goes black and Return button and Gallery button does not work, only home button.

What to do ... what to do ???

B.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freyon77