picture issues

A

AC Question

why is it that when i take pictures they are crisp and clear but when i either send them in a text or share with facebook or instagram they are blurry? no matter what i do or settings i try the pictures are always received with such horrible resolution. please help

Indoler

Banned
Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
why is it that when i take pictures they are crisp and clear but when i either send them in a text or share with facebook or instagram they are blurry? no matter what i do or settings i try the pictures are always received with such horrible resolution. please help

That's because they were not sent as a text (SMS) but as an MMS message*, which has file size limitations so it automatically reduces file size = image quality.
Also, either Facebook or Instagram, or both, may have limits on imported pics (I don't use either so I wouldn't know), so they get (again) reduced in file size = image quality.

Send hi-res pictures via email, Instant Messaging, cloud link, or LFT (Large File Transfer service) to keep them hi-res!

*MMS messages (pics, vids, and audio files) always get sent via mobile networks! Even if you are otherwise connected to the internet via e.g. WiFi! MMS is slowest, most expensive, and lowest quality.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc