LG GPAD 8.3 will not recognize Samsung SE-218CB DVD reader/writer

A

AC Question

I just purchased a Samsung SE218CB ODD because reviews says it would allow me to view my DVDs on my tablet. Even after converting the ODD to AV mode (hold eject button while ejected until light turns green), the tablet will not recognize the external device in file manager. My tablet recognized other external drives, such as pendrives, etc.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If this is even possible at all, I would guess that you'd need an OTG cable--you wouldn't be able to simply plug the drive into your tablet with a regular USB cable.

jimdandy322

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I have the OTG cable. I also bought a USB Y connector, since it appeared that the GPad didn't have enough power to run the ODD. With the new Y cable, the ODD spins up to speed, but the GPAD File Manager still will not recognize the device. Keep in mind that the GPAD recognizes other external drives, such as jumpdrives

JL1280

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. I bought this because it said that it works with Android. A cord came in the box with it. I plug it in and neither cd's nor dvd's are being recognized. If there's a way that I can easily take care of this, I'd rather that than shipping back to Amazon. Please answer fast.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol