Just upgraded to Android Kitkat 4.4.2 and phone does not charge. Overnight charging shows 1% charged. Tried different chargers, cables, usb and everything. After factory reset and starting up phone several times, the charging % went up to 20% and then again the same issue. It's now at 18% and stuck there for long.

Have learnt that some Samsung devices are facing similar issues after the upgrade.

As P780 does not have a removable battery there are no alternate methods to charge (?). Anyone knows a work around? Any app that can help? Since various chargers and plug-points have been tried, this seems like a software issue. Is there a way to rollback the OS upgrade?

Thank you in anticipation of your help !
    08-03-2014 10:01 AM
    Just upgraded to Android Kitkat 4.4.2 and phone does not charge. Overnight charging shows 1% charged. Tried different chargers, cables, usb and everything. After factory reset and starting up phone several times, the charging % went up to 20% and then again the same issue. It's now at 18% and stuck there for long.

Have learnt that some Samsung devices are facing similar issues after the upgrade.

As P780 does not have a removable battery there are no alternate methods to charge (?). Anyone knows a work around? Any app that can help? Since various chargers and plug-points have been tried, this seems like a software issue. Is there a way to rollback the OS upgrade?

Thank you in anticipation of your help !
    Well, i don't think you can now downgrade your device ! I just have no other option other than telling you that you may need to rush to the nearest support for fixing this problem up because I don't think that this is any software issue rather than the issue seems to be hardware...
    08-04-2014 03:35 AM
    Thanks Joe for your reply.

As I guessed, it was a software issue. Went to the service centre to revert to Jelly bean.... Hopefully the problem looks solved.
    08-04-2014 03:39 AM
    i am unable to upgrade from phone ..request to provide kitkat 4.4.2 firmware downloads
    03-01-2016 08:06 AM