Android tablet turns itself off in standby mode / By plugging power cable battery shows 50%

xaphar

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Dear all,

I have PC with Windows 8.1 Ent., 32-bit, and Saphir Media Tablet SMT-7-3G with android 4.2.2. Tab specs: Dual Core 1.6 GHz, 1GB, 16 GB internal memory, 3G.

1- Tablet turns itself off in standby mode occasionally and does not turn on. While battery was showing 70%. When I charge the battery in off mode it shows charging by turning on the yellow LED. When it is full charged yellow will turn in to green LED. But did not turn on. So I found a trick to turn it on. Press power button for 10 sec and wait. Then pressing again for 5 sec will turn it on. But I am still facing the problem.

2- When I see message 14% remaining battery, I plug the power in tab and suddenly it shows 50% and charging. DU Battery Saver app is installed now. I had Battery Doctor (Battery Saver) installed before DU Battery Saver. Both apps have the same problem.
a- Is there any problem with this behavior?
b- What actions should take to resolve it?
Kindly help to resolve both of the above issues.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It can be hard to pinpoint problems like this in off-brand tablets. It's probably a hardware defect, or some problem with the firmware, which is not uncommon, due to poor quality control. The best I can suggest is to try a factory data reset, and don't reinstall any apps at first, in case something you installed is causing this behavior. If the tablet continues to exhibit this behavior, then there's something intrinsically wrong with it.

xaphar

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Dear B. Diddy,
I did not find any hardware problem with the tablet. It was working fine for a first few days, before installing different apps.

I have noticed something. Last time when I was transferring files via bluetooth, I turned it on. During transfer screen goes off and the same incident happened I have stated above. After that no issue.
Remember every time I turn-on bluetooth, when I want to transfer files.

Check out the installed apps in my another posted thread.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams