Chromecast mirroring issue - why can't I see this option?

Ommadawn

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I have a Note3 (still running vanilla JB, unrooted) and have the latest version of Chromecast installed.

There is no option in the Chromecast app to mirror the screen to the Chromecast dongle when I pull up the menu on the left. It's simply not there, though by all accounts it should be.

Has anyone else had this problem? I don't know why I can't see the option in the menu.

Edit - an an update, I have the same issue with my Nexus 7 (2012) running the latest Kitkat.

Last edited:

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I believe with the note 3 you need to be on kitkat. I believe the lowest requirement is 4.4.2. Not sure what the issue is with the nexus 7. Is google play services updated on it? Tried rebooting ?

Ommadawn

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I believe with the note 3 you need to be on kitkat. I believe the lowest requirement is 4.4.2. Not sure what the issue is with the nexus 7. Is google play services updated on it? Tried rebooting ?

Ugh. I've seen no need to update to Kitkat on my Note until now, and really don't like the changes kitkat does to external storage. That's disappointing if that's the case, but not all that surprising I suppose.

As far as I know, the Nexus 7 is completely up to date - running 4.4.4 and everything updated in Google Play. It was rebooted a couple of days ago but no joy, still.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad