Samsung Galaxy S3 MMS messages knock out WiFi

A

AC Question

I've posted on similar sites in the past, but have never gotten a good answer to my problem. For some reason, when I'm at home on our WiFi and I receive an MMS message, it knocks out the WiFi signal to the whole house. AT&T can't figure it out. The cable company has replace our modem now 3 times and run new cabling. Samsung said it's "probably a 3rd part app issue". Help, please! I'm tired of having to reboot the modem all the time.

suey3b

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
The issue actually seems to be more than just sending/receiving an MMS message. Yesterday, I was on our home WiFi and opened the Gallery to show my wife a picture that I had taken. As soon as I opened the picture file, it knocked the WiFi offline. Wondering if there could be a setting on my phone, our cable modem/router or something like MS Security Essentials that shuts off the internet signal if a file over a certain size if opened?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
The issue actually seems to be more than just sending/receiving an MMS message. Yesterday, I was on our home WiFi and opened the Gallery to show my wife a picture that I had taken. As soon as I opened the picture file, it knocked the WiFi offline. Wondering if there could be a setting on my phone, our cable modem/router or something like MS Security Essentials that shuts off the internet signal if a file over a certain size if opened?

That is REALLY weird. Have you tried a factory reset on your device?
You can also try booting into safe mode (With the phone off, hold the menu button and boot it up). If it's a third party issue, the problem won't be present there.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois