Particular Scenario - Working Water Damaged Phone with charging issue

A

AC Question

WHAT HAPPENED:
Went into the ocean for a short minute or two with the phone in swim trunks. After sitting in rice for 2 weeks, the phone still didn't turn on. Sent to LG and they said it's not repairable but when I received it back, I tried turning it on and it worked for half the day, until I wasn't able to charge it in time and battery drained.

WHAT WAS WORKING:
speakers, gps, power button, volume, phone calls, speaker
mic when on speaker was hard to hear.

TESTING:
1. Charged 10+ hours: won't turn on
2. Let it sit out the in sun in hopes to dry out any remainder water; plugged in and blinking red light, charged for 8+ hours untouched. wont' turn on
Held down the power and down button for 30 sec: won't turn on; unable to recreate the red light.
3. Disconnected battery plugged it in charger and tried turning on, no response. no red light.

CONDITION:
Pretty clean with traces of corrosion on the circuit board near the bottom of the phone. All are on the metal frame of which the screws are held at.
on the bottom right, where it doesn't connect to any speakers, seems to have more corrosion under the circuits.

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Hiya
Well what I'm able to tell by your message your phone has water damage and somewhat serious corrosion. What I would suggest is to take a look at the battery.If nothing else works then I have to say it might be broken.
Sorry if that was no help😕

Heilun

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the response, Now i got an account to reply. It did turn on and it did work, so part of me has a glimpse of hope. i bought a wireless charger today but still no luck. I have read many forums about this happening with some nexus 5 after it drains its battery completely. I wonder if the phone is now suffering from another issue.