Google Location History shows unrecognized login locations on my Samsung S3

Jack Tolley

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi there

Hoping ya'll can help me out on this one.

Over the last 3 weeks, I have had my gmail hacked 3 times that I know of (July 10, Aug 4 and most recently yesterday) with login locations throughout New Zealand (where I am living). I guess that this has happened through my Macbook Air and am about to reboot my hard drive etc.

Wondering if my Android phone (which is linked to the same gmail account) is compromised, I ran AVG free (nothing of note came up) and checked my Google Location History.

Location History shows that over the last few months my phone was accessed in Guangzhou, China (May 25) and Hyderabad, India (intermittently from May 26-June 29), with an additional access time from Bangalore, India on July 6. This is the day before I set up 2-step verification on July 7.

Firstly, are these unwarranted logins something to be concerned about and take more steps to protect myself from?
And secondly, is it likely that these are related to the recent attempts on my gmail account? How can I protect my phone from these?

Please let me know any more info you folks might need

Chur!
Jack

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Once you set up the more secure 2-step authentication, that should prevent any of these potential hackers from getting into your account easily. You probably want to keep a very close eye on your bank account and credit card accounts to make sure there aren't any unauthorized transactions.

If you use a VPN frequently, keep in mind that login locations can be throughout the world, depending on the VPN server that you're using.