Switching from Windows Phone

A

AC Question

Ok, to start off with I am not a troll.

I am switching from Windows Phone due to apps available on Android and compatibility with my car. I am used to the fairly straightforward design of Windows phone and I hope for some help in either replicating the functionality or changing how I do things. Here's the list:

- I use Exchange from work and have two outlook accounts. I want the Exchange account by itself and the other two accounts together (two icons one for each group)
- I want some really quick way to launch the camera (I don't want to unlock the phone, the enter the passcode, then click the icon) is there a way to use the volume rocker if there isnt music playing?
- I want notification badges for Exchange, the two Outlook accounts, missed calls, missed SMS, Voicemails
- I have an HTC One M7 and the battery only makes it to mid afternoon at best with most of the recommended settings I seen set

I am currently using Aviate, which seems ok. Notification badges seem inconsistent. I am trying Mailwise, but it doesn't seem to work with badges, but the mail client is ok enough. I am using Textra which works well. I am using the Swype keyboard and it seems my number of autocorrected into words I don't want is higher than it was on my lumia.

I am usually pretty ok with dealing with change, but this has seemed a little cludgier than I am used to. Please help with suggestions to help make my conversion complete.

Thanks in advance for your help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

I want some really quick way to launch the camera

On devices that run the Google Now Launcher (the default launcher for Nexus devices), you can launch the camera from the lockscreen by swiping in from the right. This allows you to take a picture and review that picture, but does not allow you to review any other pics on the device until you actually unlock the phone. When you exit out of the camera, you get dumped back to the lockscreen. So this keeps things secure.

I want notification badges

Two apps I know of are Notifyer and TeslaUnread (the latter requires installing an alternative launcher called Nova, which is very popular and versatile).

I have an HTC One M7 and the battery only makes it to mid afternoon at best

Review this guide for battery tips: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...how-tos/298919-guide-battery-saving-tips.html

And in general, hopefully this guide will be helpful: http://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/399060-guide-getting-started-android-2014-a.html

Good luck, have fun, and come back to us with more questions!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vszvvone88