Insufficient Storage Space

A

AC Question

Hello,
I've just tried to install an app (large app) Sherlock: the network onto my Galaxy S2. I made some room for it, and it downloaded fine, until during the install, the error 491 came up. I did what I normally do (delete my account on my phone, reboot and add it again) but when I tried to download the app again, the error of insufficient space came up. I've cleared my cache to no avail. Could somebody help me?

llamaqueen14

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Well it's an 8gb, but about 4gb is 'system space'. It needs about 370 odd mb to run without problems, any less and I can't install any more apps. Before installing that app, I deleted apps to create 1.5gb of space to install it. It failed anyway. I often get the error 491.

llamaqueen14

May 20, 2014
Visit site
But my problem is I get the 491 error after downloading it, and the uninstalled file is still there somewhere. Maybe I'll try and delete the data on my computer. Because I currently have 390mb and I don't get how that large a file is just not there.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
But my problem is I get the 491 error after downloading it, and the uninstalled file is still there somewhere. Maybe I'll try and delete the data on my computer. Because I currently have 390mb and I don't get how that large a file is just not there.

Connecting to a PC should show you that file folder. As for gaining more space (not sure if it will help) but you can try deleting some text messages or any MMS messages. Those can really add up.

Although I just remembered that the S2 has it's memory partitioned. At least mine is partitioned for 1.92 GB for apps, and the other 12 GB for everything else. This may be another part of the issue.