Possibility of using two smartphones with one SIM card(T-Mobile Network+Plan)

Joe_Werdan

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Hypothetical situation: I will have the HTC One M8 with a T-Mobile SIM, on a T-Mobile plan, this Thursday(today being Wednesday). The HTC One M8 is the phone I chose over the Nexus 5, Galaxy S5, iPhone 5s, etc, but I can see myself wanting a different phone or wanting to upgrade, in the future. So, say the Nexus 8 phone comes out two years from now, and I want it, ALONG WITH the HTC One M8 I already own. Could I buy the 'Nexus 8', not put a dedicated SIM card in it, but switch between my 'Nexus 8' and HTC One M8, by simply taking the SIM out of one and putting it into the other? I know that phone reviewers do this since it allows them to get a user experience for all phones they get sent or buy without having to pay hundreds on a plan for each one. That is why I would do it, so I could basically have two potential smartphones without having to pay for the usage of the one I'm not using ATM. Also, would it make a difference as if the 'Nexus 8' is unlocked, or a T-Mobile brand? And could I buy it from T-Mobile and just not put that SIM card in? Basically, I need to know what my options are here. Thanks guys, you are such an awesome community.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
To a degree, yes. The bigger factor is if they will have the same size SIM card. If not, there are adapters. As for the Nexus, all you would need to do is put the card in. Nexus devices are all carrier unlocked.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
What about the "To a degree" part?

If it's a T-Mobile phone it's all good... Except the Nexus since they're unlocked..

If the phone is not T-Mobile it will most likely need to be unlocked and then it would work with your SIM... Unless of course it's something like a nexus that is already unlocked.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech