Very low-def Screenshots after latest update - Galaxy S4

A

AC Question

I was just wondering if anyone is having the same issue as me. I have a Galaxy S4 and since the latest update last week, whenever I try and take a screenshot of my phone, when I go to my gallery to review it, it's appalling quality. An example is I did a shot of the homescreen and you can barely make out the text under the icons it's so poor, even though the actual picture claims to be the screens native resolution of 1080x1920 in details.

I never had this issue before, and when browsing these pictures previously they were as sharp as the actual original live image on the phone screen itself.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Pepperfied

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same issue, too. The quality is horrible when viewed through the stock Gallery app, but not when using other photo viewers (so far I've checked on Google Photos app). The screenshots also maintained the excellent quality when viewed on a computer. Is this a bug or something that got effed up with the latest update..? Would like to know if there's a fix to this.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
It's likely an issue with the latest update. I've seen this issue a few times here and a cache wipe doesn't work.

For now you can use a different gallery app like the Photos app mentioned above.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke