Updates

A

AC Question

I have just purchased a Nexus 7 2013 and it is running Android 4.3. I have not installed the system upgrades as I have read that there are problems with battery life, BBC iplayer and other things. I have now got two downloads to install. Firstly when will I know that all is well with KItKat and it is prudent for me to go ahead with the installs? I, presently, have two system updates to install. How do I know which is the older file to install which I assume should be installed first? I assume if updates are installed in the wrong sequence that would be likely to cause problems.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I personally have had zero problems with KitKat, and in general, they are fairly uncommonly reported on these forums. I'm not sure how the two update notifications are appearing for you--are you looking at Settings>About Tablet>System Updates? Try updating from that screen.

lobsters15

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. The BBC iplayer website states that there are problems with Nexus and running KitKat. Are you using a Nexus 7? Have you experienced the well reported problems with BBC iplayer? I have just purchased a Nexus 7 and it is running android 4.3 and all appears to be well. I am most reluctant to upgrade and find I have problems.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I have both the 2012 and 2013 Nexus 7 running Android 4.4.4. I haven't tried BBC iPlayer. When I get a chance, I can give it a go, as long as there is no signup or fee required.

lobsters15

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
I think it can only be accessed in the UK. Apparently streaming programs are fine but there are problems with downloads. It is free in the UK and no sign up is required. Very encouraging you have experienced no problems with your Nexus 7 and Kitkat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair