Automatic ring silencer in Moto G ?

Emerogork

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
It appears that either it is automatic or by some finger calisthenics that my ringer is sometimes set to vibrate only. I have been careful not to hit the volume controls and have explored by usual accesses tot he options in the phone but cannot seem to see any pattern to silence the ringer yet at times, it is set to vibrate only.

Could this be a defect in the phone? Could it be a setting? It is possible that it may be the way I handle the phone but have been very careful and have been exploring what might be happening.

If I find a pattern to cause it, I will post an update.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
My guess is that by some combination of body and phone positions, you repeatedly press the power button, then the volume down button, until it reaches the vibrate mode. It probably doesn't happen all at once.

Emerogork

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
The volume is almost impossible to change even when I want to.... When I check the volume level, it is usually set to max.
Many times the phone does work normally.

A new "feature": When the alarm clock is sounding off, it is not always silenced by using the volume control.

I also get valid voice-mail messages without being notified that I received a call. Sometimes callers tell me that they left a message but I never received it. These last two are probably service and not phone problems.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Wow, didn't realize I'd get a response that quickly, since the OP was from 8/2014! (I've been working on the backlog.)

Have you already tried wiping the cache partition?

Emerogork

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Was it that long ago? :) That is some backlog!

I believe I did the partition thing a while back and may try it again but it happens so few times and with out any pattern, I doubt it will be fixed that way.

We have the "smart" phone but what we need is an "intelligent" phone, something that allows me to fix/adjust the programming. Every once in a while, I get into learning Android software but run into installation problems so many times that I give up and go have a piece of chocolate...

Right now, I would like to combine parts of the alarm clock with parts of the calendar.

BTW: Is there an easy way to see the call log? I see it once when a new call comes in but cannot find it again after that.

Emerogork

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
"My guess is that by some combination of body and phone positions, you repeatedly press the power button, then the volume down button, until it reaches the vibrate mode. It probably doesn't happen all at once."

I am not sure what is happening here but maybe these technical issues are just following me no matter where I go with electronic devices.... I received this message but it does not seem to be posted here. Maybe it was deleted or maybe the software finally recognizes me and knows that it should be messing things up. It is probably my phone that is out to get me by communicating with all the rest of the devices. Does Rod Serling have anything to do with this?

Anyway, here is a new one. I went to dial a stored number for Home Depot. The phone dials Gaylord Hospital, another entry in my phone. I tried it again. Same thing. I tried it as 3rd time, it calls my brother in-law's phone. His number is saved under G,

Sometimes, I just want to wrench the phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Strange. That post of mine is #2 in this thread. Are you using the AC forums website, or one of the apps?

Your phone just sounds messed up. I'd back everything up or sync it, and then do a factory reset. Then reinstall apps one by one (instead of all at once) to see if things start going weird after installing a particular app.

Emerogork

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I guess backup and reset may be in order but it happened only once. If nothing else, backup....

I went to delete the Home Depot entry, it would not delete until after a few tries.
It seems to be working now...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674