Verizon Messages Question

A

AC Question

I was looking at the Verizon Messages app, and it sounds interesting, but I wanted to verify some things.

I read that you need to subscribe to get integrated messages to text from a tablet, is this free?
Can I send text messages from a tablet for free without subscribing to integrated messages(assuming they cost money)?

I have unlimited texting with my current plan if that makes a difference.

Thank you in advance

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I was looking at the Verizon Messages app, and it sounds interesting, but I wanted to verify some things.

I read that you need to subscribe to get integrated messages to text from a tablet, is this free?
Can I send text messages from a tablet for free without subscribing to integrated messages(assuming they cost money)?

I have unlimited texting with my current plan if that makes a difference.

Thank you in advance

Verizon Messages essentially gives you a hook directly into Verizon's system to send SMS and MMS. You'll be using your Verizon Wireless phone number regardless if you're texting from your phone, your tablet, or a PC. All messages sent/received will be billed according to your messaging plan for that line. There is no extra cost on top of your existing messaging plan (or data plan if you're using it on another cellular device).

Nick Olson

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Verizon Messages essentially gives you a hook directly into Verizon's system to send SMS and MMS. You'll be using your Verizon Wireless phone number regardless if you're texting from your phone, your tablet, or a PC. All messages sent/received will be billed according to your messaging plan for that line. There is no extra cost on top of your existing messaging plan (or data plan if you're using it on another cellular device).
Thanks for the reply, it was my question I just hadn't signed in yet.

So the "subscription" for the integrated messages is nothing?