Wifi on but off?

A

AC Question

I have dealt with numerous problems with my s3 before but ever since the recent update, my cell phone has an issue with wifi. Basically i turn wifi on, and lets say im home and it was logged onto my wifi before the update, now it brings up the wifi list and says my home wifi is "Turned off", but at the drag down menu it says wifi networks available, so i click on my house wifi and click connect, it says it is connected, but it isnt because my data usage goes up, so a paradox. O but there is more, the update required wifi correct, so during the update my data usage skyrocketed straight up by at least 50%, i assume during the initial part of the update it was fine, but whatever caused this wifi glitch was added in during it which call it "confusing my phone" by it already in the update and then having wifi on and "connected" but isnt really due to the glitch. This is unexceptable. AT&T/Samsung need to fix this immediately. I can't use my cell phone for wifi purposes with going on 4g and going on my data usage, which i half to limit extremely now due to this glitch in wifi. Plus my wifi is fine on all my other devices and i have 3 wifi devices in my house, says the same thing for each. ive disconnected and reconnected, didnt fix anything, did a "soft reset" and didnt work. And if they cant fix the glitch, the very least AT&T/Samsung could do is give me more data on my data plan to compensate.
And this is the second time i am posting this, no response the first time.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
You'd better try to fix it otherwise when you get a new device you'll find yourself trying to use the same method, and people will laugh. 😅
A Cache Partition wipe, perhaps?

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma