pop up ads on my tablet. I keep getting a whole screen pop up that takes over my screen

A

AC Question

I'm somewhat technically impaired and thought I should get that out of the way. The pop ups just keep loading (many on the sides of the screen) when I start browsing a page. The screen and whatever I want to read goes up and down so many times before I can read my page I want to give my
tablet hammer therapy. The across the screen ones are also incredibly irritating and nearly impossible to x out. Lastly, and this is a big one. When I'm on a website all of sudden a tab (website) shows on top next to the tab (website) I'm reading such as a news article. It immediately takes over the entire screen and is some freaking pop up about about baking soda animated with real people. The other one is something about lumber. I close it as soon as I see it on top but not always fast enough. WTH? I see dozens of recommendations that may but is there a consensus what would be best to help someone like me a little less tech savvy? Has anyone had the screen takeover about baking soda? I don't normally download apps except one about weather. No games. Thank you

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! This is only when you're using your browser, right? Which browser are you using? Most have an option to block popups. In Chrome, tap Menu, then Settings>Content Settings>Block Pop-ups.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you have an app that produces needless ads. Go over what apps you have installed, and nit pick through them, and uninstall the app that you would think to be producing the ads.

If the weather app is truly the only app you have installed, then theres your answer. Delete that spam ad producing SOB.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm using Google? I believe it already came on my samsung tablet

Devices can come with one or more browsers. Do you tap an icon that says "Internet" or "Browser"? If so, that's the stock Browser. Chrome is Google's main browser, and has more functions than the stock Browser--you'd be tapping an icon called "Chrome" if you're using it.

In any case, if you're only getting these popups when using the browser, then it probably has more to do with the sites you're visiting than some other app. Make sure the browser's Block Popup setting is turned on, as I mentioned above.

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm somewhat technically impaired and thought I should get that out of the way. The pop ups just keep loading (many on the sides of the screen) when I start browsing a page. The screen and whatever I want to read goes up and down so many times before I can read my page I want to give my
tablet hammer therapy. The across the screen ones are also incredibly irritating and nearly impossible to x out. Lastly, and this is a big one. When I'm on a website all of sudden a tab (website) shows on top next to the tab (website) I'm reading such as a news article. It immediately takes over the entire screen and is some freaking pop up about about baking soda animated with real people. The other one is something about lumber. I close it as soon as I see it on top but not always fast enough. WTH? I see dozens of recommendations that may but is there a consensus what would be best to help someone like me a little less tech savvy? Has anyone had the screen takeover about baking soda? I don't normally download apps except one about weather. No games. Thank you

Try download antivirus just in case of malware.

NelsonMandela

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem but the are don't just pop up in the browser whatever I do. An ad pops up every minute I reseted the tablet but it didn't help and I installed an antivirus as well but it didn't help

mummyclaire

Jan 3, 2016
Visit site
my tablet is doing the exact same they pop up half way trough a game, or even when im cathing up on my tele on bbc iplayer and 4od they pop up every 2 mins funy enough one popped up whilst writing this my tab is going out of the window soon

BLUESTAR aust

May 15, 2016
Visit site
pop up as on my tablet. I keep getting a whole screen pop up that takes over my screen

Hello to Mammaclaire in regards to your problem similar to mine, i dont have an answer for you. My only best thought is perhaps a particular corrupted app you may have installed or maybe a badly written app, or at wost a virus. Claire i also want to share my issue too about getting pop ups on my samsung tablet. I keep receiving them blocking my view with random pop ups anywhere including as im typing this. Even when i go to tablet settings or google play store
i get bombarded. Maybe my situation could be an undiserable website got me via a link or possibly a bad link via facebook.

Jong Medrano

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi mummyclaire your problem is similar to mine and i also tried everything i know but there is one thing that stop those annoying ads, what i did is I install Avast Anti virus coz i thought it was a virus but no, its the app (maybe themes or tools idk) that causes that pop ups, now after i install avast next install battery saver (not to save battery but to close all the apps that is running) featured in avast app. Then i got my tab free from those annoying ads. I hope this help. Same goes to BLUESTAR aust. I use samsung galaxy tab

Evan Hill

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
The ad generating app I found on my tablet was Mods for MC. It doesn't appear as uninstallable because it installs as a device administrator.
Go to device administrator settings and uncheck the box next to Mods for MC, then uninstall it.

Last edited:

Bill Fipp

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
This sounds like the problem that I'm having. It happens at any time and not just when using the internet and sometimes will open an ad in the internet when I'm not using the internet.

I've found that when one of these popup ads happens, it sometimes seems impossible to get rid of it without down loading some suggested app. So I would just turn off the tablet.

I then found that if I just hit the menu button to the left of the home button, all the open apps would would be stacked in windows on the screen and I then could just "X" out the popup window.

One thing I found interesting was the window is always titled "android", no matter what popup ad it contains.

Subsequently I have installed Ad Detector from Infolife and it will not scan my tab, It gets about halfway and it stops and says Ad Detector has stopped.

reira_kawaii

Feb 9, 2017
Visit site
It happened to me a while ago my samsung galaxy tab 3v acts crazy auto installs apps that i dont need ads popping every minute when internet is ON. First i did factory reset and still that annoying stuff still persists then i tried kies and update its firmware and voila! It actually worked saved my brain from exploding...

Hhdubrurjfhi12882

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
Hello everyone in this page I got a solution for this
Problem the ads on the is not due to any third party apps it is due to the Google Android in your phone
The Google account gives ad according to your preferences it will be based on your recent activity from your browser however the companies giving ads are in tie-out with Google nearly 129 companies are giving you ads you can request from nearly 125 companies (note: The number companies may rise in due course of time)

Cyndi McKeen Elser

Dec 27, 2018
Visit site
yes i deleted all recent new downloads and no more pop up.Mine was the Gallery+ app it said Contains add.So facebook might give u ideas but u are now letting in the window for 3 party app this was grom the google Gallery+ app also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech