how to reset to factory setting

A

AC Question

hi everyone, i dropped my phone and now its lcd is damaged. it stills turn on because it vibrates when i press the power key. i want to restore it to factory setting. can someone help me on how to reset with just keys? thanks

nofla

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to AC :)
Why do you need to perform a factory reset? If the display is damaged, a factory reset won't help with anything since the damage is to the hardware, not software.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

i want to delete my files and stuffs so that i can sell the parts. thanks

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
hi guys. pls help me

Sorry for the extremely late reply. Sometimes the threads don't shoe properly in my "participated" and get moved back so I don't see them..
Anyway, you can wipe the phone by booting into recovery mode (hold power + volume up + power with the phone off). Then use the volume buttons to navigate to factory reset and use the power button to select the option.

nofla

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for the extremely late reply. Sometimes the threads don't shoe properly in my "participated" and get moved back so I don't see them..
Anyway, you can wipe the phone by booting into recovery mode (hold power + volume up + power with the phone off). Then use the volume buttons to navigate to factory reset and use the power button to select the option.

hi. can you please tell me the steps. i cant select because my lcd screen is damaged. i dont know how many ups or downs to press. thanks