Getting pics from SD Card to show on LG G3

A

AC Question

Hello!

I just got a new LG G3 and popped my SD card from my old phone into it. The problem is, it's not showing any of my pics from the SD Card in the Gallery now. (Not sure if this is relevant but the phone I had before was a Pantech Discover - which btw, JUNK - NEVER get one). Anyone know how to make it recognize and show the pics/data from the SD Card? I know they're on there because I had to transfer them from the internal memory of the Pantech over to the SD Card by hand on my computer.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks-

LGElectronics

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi. What carrier are you currently with? What file formats are your photos in? If possible, can you share a sample file that can't be read on your G3? ^DT

Hello!

I just got a new LG G3 and popped my SD card from my old phone into it. The problem is, it's not showing any of my pics from the SD Card in the Gallery now. (Not sure if this is relevant but the phone I had before was a Pantech Discover - which btw, JUNK - NEVER get one). Anyone know how to make it recognize and show the pics/data from the SD Card? I know they're on there because I had to transfer them from the internal memory of the Pantech over to the SD Card by hand on my computer.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks-

juliamarie32

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi I had to create an account to reply. I don't know what you mean by sharing a sample file? It's not that they can't be read, it's that they're not showing up at all. There is no trace whatsoever of the 450+ pics I have on my SD card. My phone just doesn't know they're there. I'm pretty sure they're in JPEG but not sure? They were taken on a Pantech Discover.

Right now I am using a Verizon Phone but on Cricket Service.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Did you copy the files to the SD card? Or did you copy shortcuts to the SD card? (Shortcuts aren't files, they just point to files.)

If they're actually files (plug the phone into your computer and see if you can display the files on the SD card), install an app like Rescan Media to force the phone to rescan your SD card. (It should do that when you turn the phone on.)

At very worst, you may have to use a file manager, like ES File Explorer or Total Commander to transfer the files from the external SD card to the "internal SD card". (Kit Kat is wonderful - unless you actually want to use your phone as more than a phone.)

LGElectronics

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
We recommend transferring the files to the internal storage or PC, reformatting the SD card via your device, and then transfer your files back to your SD card. Let me know if this helps. ^DT

Hi I had to create an account to reply. I don't know what you mean by sharing a sample file? It's not that they can't be read, it's that they're not showing up at all. There is no trace whatsoever of the 450+ pics I have on my SD card. My phone just doesn't know they're there. I'm pretty sure they're in JPEG but not sure? They were taken on a Pantech Discover.

Right now I am using a Verizon Phone but on Cricket Service.

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Having same problem....all my media n photo on ad card aren't showing on my LG g3 ,,,,,,any other phone I 've had I can place card. In phone n they r there in gallery n in music but LG g3 I place card in n. They show on card but atent in the galley or music.....n battery is burning up under media server

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692