My Droid Razr HD won't update!

Axellionn

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
My name is Ashton, and I own a Droid RAZR HD. The version of my phone is 4.1.2. A few weeks ago, I saw a new update notification appear on my phone. The update was the latest update as of 8-12-14, Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Ever since then, I've been trying to install it. The update downloads just fine, but when it turns off to install.. It shows the little Android mascot. However, about a little more than a quarter of the update installed, the little Android mascot is shown "dead" on the ground. Then, my phone just restarts and once the phone was back on, it just says "Update Failed." Yet, my Android keeps bringing up the Update, and I still want to finish the installation of the Update. Please Help?

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Right--from there, the instructions say to press and hold the Volume Up button, then while holding that button, press and release the Power button.

Axellionn

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Oh. I understand how to wipe the Cache Partition now. I finished wiping it and turned on my phone. Then, I re-downloaded the Update, but it still shows the Droid Triage Screen about halfway through the Update, causing the update to fail.

Axellionn

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
At a point in time, I did root my phone. I then did a factory reset and then manually un-rooted my phone. Is there any way for me to update my phone, even if it was previously rooted?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma