htc desire home button not working

A

AC Question

My htc desire x has a problem with the 3 buttons at the bottom of the handset below the screen: back, home and cascade. The home screen comes up when the phone is turned on and it is possible to use the apps and functions, but it is impossible to switch from one app to another without turning it off and on again. I have tried turning it completely off and re-starting it, and taking out the battery and re-inserting. Is it a problem with the connections? or is it likely to be software? thanks,
Jonathan

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Try clearing the App Cached Data in Settings, Storage. If that doesn't do it, try entering Recovery Mode and performing a Cache Partition wipe.

Posted via Android Central App

Sudip Koyal

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
my htc desire c was working too slow.. i did hard book through recovery mode... after it my bottom 3 touch keys stopped responding... i tried cache partition wipe too but got no result... please help me out...

Anees Muhammad

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
my htc deisre 816 3 buttons are not working , pls help me
the home button cascade button and back button , how can i clean app cached data in settings , noting in display to do so ???

HI JOhn,

how did you do it , could you send me screen shot

Last edited by a moderator:

Adhin Gopuj

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
I've the same issue.but I've found a little trick to get an additional home key..And that helps a lot.

For That follow these steps:

1,Create a folder in the home screen(by dragging an app over the other u can create one).

2,Place this folder as one among the bottom bar,where u have fast access to call,messages,camera,..

3,After that.open an app.

4,To close it.press the power button to off ur display(not to switch off phone),the. again press the power button..

5,After that u can see the nee created folder in the fast access.Drag it to the ring.

6,There u go..now U r at the Home screen!

was that helpful?

Ugonnag Amadi

Sep 4, 2022
Visit site
My htc desire x has a problem with the 3 buttons at the bottom of the handset below the screen: back, home and cascade. The home screen comes up when the phone is turned on and it is possible to use the apps and functions, but it is impossible to switch from one app to another without turning it off and on again. I have tried turning it completely off and re-starting it, and taking out the battery and re-inserting. Is it a problem with the connections? or is it likely to be software? thanks

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My htc desire x has a problem with the 3 buttons at the bottom of the handset below the screen: back, home and cascade. The home screen comes up when the phone is turned on and it is possible to use the apps and functions, but it is impossible to switch from one app to another without turning it off and on again. I have tried turning it completely off and re-starting it, and taking out the battery and re-inserting. Is it a problem with the connections? or is it likely to be software? thanks
Welcome to AC!

You tried safe mode if it behaves the same way?

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

That device is 10 years old, only has 4GB storage, and can't be updated past 4.1.1 Jellybean. There isn't much that will run on it. Sorry, but you'll need to upgrade to a newer device.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! WOW, that is a really old device. Here are the steps for Safe Mode: https://www.androidsettings.net/htc-desire-x-safe-mode/. But I agree with Laura Knotek, it's really time to upgrade to a modern device.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

The only other option would most likely be a factory reset.