Lookout not backing up contacts on Sony M2

A

AC Question

Hi, just installed Lookout on my Sony M2, and despite a day or two of effort, even though I have selected "contacts" in "what to backup" in the app, it steadfastly refuses to back them up, when I select backup now on my laptop, it says backup complete, but not one of my 500+ contacts is backed up to the laptop application.

Q1. Am I doing something wrong, or does this feature not work on some android devices?

ps. "Find my phone" works a treat.

Thanks in anticipation,

Ray

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Check the type of contacts you have. (Edit a contact and see what the first data entry for that contact is.) If it's not a Google contact (IOW, if it's a Phone, Device or SIM contact), most backups ignore it. Contacts you want backed up normally have to be Google contacts. (You have that option in entering a new contact.)

Some contact apps will allow you to export a csv file of all your contacts, Google or not, which can be imported into Google Contacts (More/Import).

Ray Doyle

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
You were correct ( of course ), I had saved them all as Phone Contacts, I wonder is there a way to copy the whole lot to Google Contacts cos I am sure as hell not going to resave every one of the 500 individually. I bet that "feature" catches a few folks out.
Thanks for the help.
Ray

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20