Android gets really hot on using internet, solution?

Rem22

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,
my Android has a problem. a few months after buying it, it started to get hot near the camera, at the flash and under the charging port(where charger is connected). unaware of the reason, I ignored it. a few months, it heated everyday then stopped charging. when I sent it for repairing, I get to know that due to heating its IC(don't know what it is?) got burnt. The mechanic put an IC higher than before and I had to change the charger too. but the problem persists.
now, I noted that when it's charging it gets hot but mostly don't if turned off before charging. and the heating increase when I'm using internet while charging it. when internet connection turned off, it cools down. what should I do? I've to work on internet and I can't wait for it to be charged for hours. please anyone help.

thanks.

Indoler

Banned
Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,
my Android has a problem. a few months after buying it, it started to get hot near the camera, at the flash and under the charging port(where charger is connected). unaware of the reason, I ignored it. a few months, it heated everyday then stopped charging. when I sent it for repairing, I get to know that due to heating its IC(don't know what it is?) got burnt. The mechanic put an IC higher than before and I had to change the charger too. but the problem persists.
now, I noted that when it's charging it gets hot but mostly don't if turned off before charging. and the heating increase when I'm using internet while charging it. when internet connection turned off, it cools down. what should I do? I've to work on internet and I can't wait for it to be charged for hours. please anyone help.

"IC" is short for integrated circuit. A.k.a. "chip" to the rest of us. In a phone, tablet, or computer the processor(s) is (are) the most important chips. The heart of the device. The 'engine'. Engines running hot are no good, obviously, and can 'blow' or 'burn' themselves up. As seems to have happened to your 'old' IC.

So there seems to be something seriously wrong with your device's cooling. Do you perhaps have a case around it that inhibits proper cooling? If so, take it off and see if that improves things. Of course your device will then be much more vulnerable to shocks, bumps, and drops!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I doubt it's the cooling, it sounds more like a factory defective phone - which should be covered for replacement (probably with a refurb, but your phone is used too) under the warranty. If the local shop won't replace it (they got their one chance to fix it), contact the manufacturer. (I'm betting on a defective radio - which would be a defective motherboard.)