Could someone give me some views on samsung and htc phones?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
They're both top of the line manufacturers. Decide on the features you can't live without and the ones you can't stand having on a phone, then choose on that basis. ('m assuming that you already have carrier. If not, the FIRST choice is which carrier gives you good coverage in every spot you need coverage. And I mean spot, not neighborhood. I can get great coverage from Sprint anywhere around my daughter's house - except inside the house. But Verizon and AT&T give me great coverage inside the house too.)

I used to (going back 10 or more years) prefer Motorola. Now I prefer Samsung. My next phone (and that's not going to be for at least a couple of years) will probably be HTC, Motorola or Samsung, depending on what each company has done by then. Motorola is in transition. It's currently owned by Lenovo, and if they change Motorola over to their philosophy, it's off my list. I like the fact that HTC officially doesn't care if you root or ROM a phone, but that's not enough to make me choose them over Samsung. I don't like the fact that Samsung welds their phones shut (firmware-wise), and that may be enough to keep me from buying another one.

But the differences in models of a single manufacturer are greater than the differences between HTC and Samsung equivalent models, AFAIC.