How to stop Motorola Assist

A

AC Question

How can I stop the annoying Motorola Assist? I don't want or need any of the app's features.

Adamh4rt

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
I have needed to turn off moto assist on my 2nd gen Moto X as it continually announces calls and text messages while I am sitting in a quiet, open plan office - even when set to have no interruptions. I love the moto assist features, but I can not find any other way to stop this one annoying feature. And yes, before anyone suggests it, I have cleared the app data several times and nothing works.

S Curreri

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
To stop Motorola Assist (called "Moto" on Droid Turbo), simply reverse what you did to activate it. Here are the steps:
1. Go to apps
2. Tap Moto (may be tagged "Motorola Assist" on other phones
3. Tap Continue
4. Answer "No, maybe later" on bottom-left
5. Use back arrow to go back to home screen
I have not fully tested this but it got the Droid Turbo to stop responding to my vocal launch command of "this is your captain" in my case.
Removing the app is not recommended: This may impact execution of other apps. And you may want to run the app later.

zuben el genubi

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Assist is gone in Marshmallow and it's just called Moto.
Motorola to drop Moto Assist, Migrate, and Connect in transition to Marshmallow | Greenbot

They've put stuff in other places. My X Pure came with MM installed and I've disabled Moto.

I'd like to know where some of the features were put, I'd love to tone down the sensor so it doesn' t pick up every movement - even paper. It's nice, but too sensitive. I've searched and most of the answers involve Assist which is not viable on MM. Moto seems more about privacy than customizing.