sign out of play store

A

AC Question

ive recently brought a samsung gt-s583oi off my friend and i cant sign out of her google account/play store.
how do i do this

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
First create a new account in settings - accounts. After that you can change between the two of them.
If you want to remove your friend account you can do it in settings - accounts_ Google - select the account and click the three dots - remove account

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If you bought the phone from a friend, and she no longer uses it at all, you really ought to remove her Google account from the phone, as described by Javier P. I doubt she would want her account active on any other device that isn't hers. Not that you'd do anything untoward, but anyone who wanted to do some damage to her Google account could do so easily from your phone, since it's already signed into her Google account.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It's an either/or situation. It's the device that decides whether apps can be downloaded from the Play Store. If it has a Google Account, they can be.

I've never owned a tablet, but I understand hat you can make multiple profiles in tablets. If that's true, make a profile for him with no Google account, use Kid's Mode to keep him on that profile and switch Kid's Mode on and off as needed. (Or, if possible [I've never used Kid's Mode either], just set it up so the Kids Mode has no Google account.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze