Samsung Galaxy S2 won't even turn on HELP!!

A

AC Question

I have no idea what is wrong with my phone, please God someone help me! I live a few hundred miles away from the nearest Sprint store, who is my carrier. Not that those people usually help anyway.
I have had my Galaxy s2 for a little over 2 years. I have had minor issues before, but nothing I couldn't fix. I can not even get the phone to turn on, no screen to come up whatsoever. But the light in the upper right hand side is constantly lit up blue. My battery is charged, and I know it's not a a battery issue, because I recently replaced the factory battery with these much better ones (Anker) a few months ago, and had no issues.
A couple weeks ago I was having a similar issue to the one now, caused by some apps misbehaving. I started it in safe mode, cleared the cache on all my apps and deleted one that had been crashing lately. And since then it has been working perfectly. But I can't even get it to start at all in any mode now. I have taken the battery out for over 24 hours put it back in, nothing. I charged both batteries in the wall charger to 100% and tried both of them, and nothing.
Any help would be soooo appreciated.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I have no idea what is wrong with my phone, please God someone help me! I live a few hundred miles away from the nearest Sprint store, who is my carrier. Not that those people usually help anyway.
I have had my Galaxy s2 for a little over 2 years. I have had minor issues before, but nothing I couldn't fix. I can not even get the phone to turn on, no screen to come up whatsoever. But the light in the upper right hand side is constantly lit up blue. My battery is charged, and I know it's not a a battery issue, because I recently replaced the factory battery with these much better ones (Anker) a few months ago, and had no issues.
A couple weeks ago I was having a similar issue to the one now, caused by some apps misbehaving. I started it in safe mode, cleared the cache on all my apps and deleted one that had been crashing lately. And since then it has been working perfectly. But I can't even get it to start at all in any mode now. I have taken the battery out for over 24 hours put it back in, nothing. I charged both batteries in the wall charger to 100% and tried both of them, and nothing.
Any help would be soooo appreciated.

Hello.

Does anything come up if you connect it to a computer?

Sent from my HTC One XL using AC Forums mobile app

aksharp

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
I was the original poster, thanks for your reply! No when I connect it to the computer it doesn't even recognize it.
I took it to a cell phone repair place in town and he told me it was probably my screen and I should just scrap it. I know that's not the case because it crashed while I was taking a picture and I tried to turn it back on a few times and never got past the "Samsung Galaxy" home screen. But now it won't even go that far.
Why is there a blue light in the upper right hand corner? If I take the battery out for while and put it back in, when I push the power on switch, the light comes on and then stays on, but nothing else happens. I haven't been able to find anywhere if that means something.
Thanks again for any help.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Doesn't the blue light indicate battery trouble...but if they're good, damage somewhere in the battery circuit perhaps?
If not that, can you get into Recovery to try a Factory Reset if you're backed up?

Posted via Android Central App

amarro

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
I've had this issue a few times. Take out your battery and while the battery is out plug in your charger. The charging screen will appear. Once that happens put your battery back in and it will start. Please let me know if this works.

aksharp

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
Thank you all for responding!
Yeah it is definitely not a battery issue. I had to replace the stock Samsung battery about 6 months ago because it had bubbled out in the middle and was causing all sorts of problems. This is a totally different set of issues. Both batteries I've been using have a full charge and up until yesterday when my phone stopped working, I had never had any problems with them.
I tried taking the battery out and plugging in the charger, but that did nothing. It doesn't even recognize that the phone is plugged in. I tried every charger I have.
I hadn't fully backed everything up (not for like the last month) so that kind of sucks. I am going to see if I can try to recover anything before I wipe it. Any tips for that? I tried doing a factory reset, the people at Samsung talked me through it, but nothing happened. The LED turned on and stayed blue, but nothing came up on the screen. At this point I'm not sure if I will even be able to get it to reset in any way. I am crushed, I have loved this phone so much- I have always been so happy with it. I am annoyed at how upset I am over the loss of it.
What did I do wrong? I never downloaded any weird stuff, or tried different operating systems, I only had maybe 15 non-stock apps. I regularly got rid of anything extraneous that could slow things down. Why now?

aksharp

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
I tried a hard reset this morning, and it was totally unresponsive. Nothing comes up on the screen at all, the blue light turns on and stays lit and that's it. Is this it? Is she dead? Is there any way for me to try to recover anything that was stored on the phone and not the sd card?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Find a shop that has a Samsung dongle (or buy one on ebay - they're about a dollar - and go to a shop that knows how to use it) . It'll boot the phone into download mode. From there, they can reflash the ROM. If that does't fix it you have a hardware problem and, considering the cost of replacing even just the motherboard, I'd say that scrapping it would be the most economical decision. (If the motherboard gets replaced, you lose anything in internal storage,)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc