Recovering Pictures from a Broken SD Card in a Samsung Galaxy S4

jporter424

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
So, I have a Samsung Galaxy S4, and a 64GB class 10 Micro HCSD, which I pretty much just use to store pictures. It worked well for a long time, but I also have an 11 month old daughter who likes to throw my phone on the floor. When she does this, the SD card usually pops out of its slot, which I know is bad. The last time this happened was when things started to mess up with the card. Apps that were installed on it won't run properly, some pictures that were stored on it show up, others don't. When I try to open them, they say the file is corrupt and unreadable. The weird thing is, occasionally if I open them, they'll show up for a split second, and then I get the error message. I tried transferring them to the computer, but I couldn't open them there either.

So, my question is, is there any way to recover, or repair, or whatever, pictures from a damaged SD card? I feel like there must be, since I can see them occasionally. Any help I could get would be greatly appreciated!!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Even if the card is too corrupted for chkdsk to find it, if the computer sees it (even if Windows can't), PhotoRec can recover any file that's still on the card. (It doesn't even need a file system - just the file data itself.) The instructions are at PhotoRec Step By Step. If you need anything explained, post here again. (Knowing how to change folders from a command prompt - what the . and .. folders are - makes it a lot easier.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084