Moto E Not charging : Lightning bolt visible though

A

AC Question

Hello,

I am trying to charge my Moto E via a different USB Data cable(Not the box shipped one). But the device is not charging. To verify that the cable is working fine, I tried it on a different device, at different points in the house etc and in each case everything works fine except when I try it on my Moto E Device. Weird thing is I can see the lightning bolt symbol on the battery, but inside the Battery options in settings, I can see a message stating Not charging. What gives?

Appreciate any help/hints

Regards
Mithun

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you charging it from a wall outlet or a laptop USB port? The latter sometimes doesn't provide enough current to charge a phone adequately, especially if you're actively using the phone.

Mithun Nair1

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
I have tried both the wall outlet and a laptop USB port. Both cases I do see the lighting bolt, but the device is not charging. Tried restarting the phone as well. Beginning to think somethings wrong with the charging port perhaps.THanks for replying

Mithun Nair1

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
Just tried that...here is what I observed
1)Kept the screen off(Not using the phone throughout this)
2)Plugged it to the wall outlet and turned on the power
3)The screen sprang to life, the lighting bolt appeared, but the same No charging alert in settings
4)Then I turned off the screen for a while, but no charging happened

Hope I was clear
Thanks
Mithun

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome