Apps crashing on galaxy tab 2 when I try to open anything.

A

AC Question

Just bought a galaxy tab 2 and did a hard reset to erase the previous owners stuff because he didn't do a reset. Went through everything to set it up but everytime I try to open any app it says "Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped". And this is with everything but Youtube. When I open youtube it force closes and says that it can't open either. I've gone through the forum and searched and found a lot of people with the same problem and most of the time it is because the download manager is disabled so people say to enable it. When I go into the settings and apps, I check the download manager and the only thing you can do is either Force stop or turn it off so that would mean its already enabled right? So I don't know whats going on and pretty sure I just wasted a ton of money on this because I can't do anything with it. Anyone know the reason why this is happening?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Where did you buy the device? It's possible that the former owner was just looking to get rid of a device that was no longer working properly. If it didn't work after a factory reset it's likely a hardware issue and you'll either have to ask for a refund or spend more money to get a new one :-\

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4