Samsung Galaxy S4 Suddenly Quit Working

A

AC Question

I have had the phone for over a year and no issues at all. I did drop it once a couple months ago, it impacted on the bottom right of the phone. No issues whatsoever resulted, so I didn't think much of it. Yesterday I laid it down and didn't pay attention for a while... picked it back up and it was completely dead. Now it is unresponsive to charging, the green light is not coming on whatsoever. I tried putting a fully charged battery in it thinking it might be the usb port, but even with the fresh battery it did not come on at all. I included a picture on the slight chance that maybe someone can see something I don't and I could attempt to repair it myself instead of having to pay another $300 for a phone. Any help is greatly appreciated, let me know if different pictures or close ups are needed.

Thanks so much!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The picture won't show - but I'm guessing that when you dropped it you cracked something on the motherboard that held together until yesterday. Putting it down was the final shock that caused it to stop working. Without having the phone in hand it's got to be a guess, because this isn't a "normal S4 failure mode" - something that happens a lot and there's a specific cause for it almost all the time.

You can bring it to a repair shop or a Samsung Experience Center (also known as the Samsung desk at Best Buy) for an estimate, or you can get a new phone. I wouldn't suggest trying to repair t yourself.

In the future, one of the first purchases I'd make for any phone would be a TPU case. They absorb a lot of shock if you drop the phone (and expensive ones run about $20 on Amazon - cheap insurance - even the cheap ones absorb as much shock and are about $10).

megasaurus

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
fk633p.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34