new to this forum

sywalls

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Where do I go to read abt the signal strength of the galaxy s5 .. I have switched from apple hoping for better strength but I don't have it. I love the phone when I am away from home.

codyoehl

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
If you are referring to your cellular connection, then I don't believe getting a different phone will help you at all, it all depends on your carriers coverage in your area

If you have a bad cellular connection, I would consider switching to a different carrier

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I agree with codyoehl. There are phones that will get marginally better signal strength, but it's not going yo be noticeable for every day usage.
Changing carriers is your best option if you want better cell service.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I agree with these guys. The only thing I'd add is that certain phone manufacturers are known for having better cell radios than others--particularly Motorola. So if you haven't already gotten the S5, you might want to take a look at the Moto X.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
There is a signal graph in the GSam battery monitor app, but I don't know how accurate it is. Probably more concerned with battery drain caused by searching for a signal. Maybe it will help you gauge different areas.

My Note 3 has been on the UK south coast with poor reception, though the Note 3 has not been great for me signal wise on 3 carriers.

7avujahe.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro