Can I Unlock my Samsung Galaxy Express (AT&T Go Phone) and use it with Straight Talk?

A

AC Question

Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Express that I've been using with a non-contract AT&T plan. I heard Straight Talk has a good deal and want to switch. My questions:

1. Can I unlock my phone? How?
2. Will my phone work with Straight Talk? Can I keep my phone number?

Thanks for any advice.

V

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
1) If it's not already unlocked, you can head into your current provider's store and ask if they would be able to unlock the device for you.
2) It should be compatible since they are both ATT MVNOs. Not sure if you'd be able to keep your number, but you can ask them at the time of activating service with them.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you get a Straight Talk AT&T SIM, the phone will work. If you get a Straight Talk TMobile SIM, the phone will have to be unlocked. (IOW, you might be switching to Straight Talk because of the price, but your coverage is good, so you stay with AT&T as your carrier, or you may be switching because TMobile gives you better coverage than AT&T. Straight Talk uses both carriers - you choose the one you want when you buy the SIM.)

IIRC, you can indicate online, if you buy the SIM on their site, that you want the number ported. It's easier than dealing with some of their reps.

May 27, 2017
Visit site
i have a galaxy expres 3. i just unlocked my phone not too long ago for t-mobile, and talk and text works really well except the internet. i can't ever use the internet at all.....im thinking maybe the way they unlocked it prevented it from working in some way, or whatever firmware update they used may have prevented it.its am att phone, and when they unlocked it, the opening main screen now shows criket with a tmobile sim/service on it now. my questions is, what can I do to make the T-mobile LTE internet to work on this galaxy express 3 phone?

I have tried pretty much everything i could to my understanding. APN setting, mobile networks, pretty much everything in the network setting department to get that internet to work....an still no internet. so i need some help.