Issue texting with a single contact

A

AC Question

I apologize in advance if this is a repeat post, but I have had no luck finding a post where someone had a similar issue, much less a solution.

For the past couple weeks, I have been having an issue with the messenger app when texting one person in particular. It is actually my girlfriend's text thread. When I open it, it takes 15-20 seconds to populate the text history. Then when I try to type a message, it lags terribly. Then sending takes a while. I have had no issues with any other contacts. They all operate normally. I am stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Is your text thread with her a lot larger (as in more texts) than with other contacts? I'd imagine it is, and loading that many messages is what's causing the issue. Is deleting some of those texts (even if you had to back them up somewhere) a viable option for you?

Mffl84

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
The only reason I dismissed that theory was because we have only been dating 4 months, and I have friends i have been texting for over a year, so i figured they would have a larger history, but maybe not. Maybe we just message each other that much, haha!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech