Actually there is an easy - well easy-ish - fix for this. OK it works for me, but I can't guarantee it'll work for you but there's no harm in trying.
    Take out the battery. Now with the battery out, hold the power button down continuously for 30 seconds. Then put the battery back in and try to turn on the phone. If the battery is dead, you can get an Anker-brand battery charger along with two after market replacement batteries for a very affordable price of $25 on Amazon.
    This is draining any residual power out of the phone's circuit board. It's essentially a hard reset. I work in a computer repair shop and we do this with laptops all the time. Works about 50-60 percent of the time when the laptop wont power up.
    Note: AT&T and CPR Cell Phone Repair have both said this is probably a symptom of a bad battery, but I have observed my phone do this with my stock battery AND the brand new aftermarket ones, leading me to believe this problem has to do with a combination of the new Android 5.0 and/or the phone's firmware and the charging circuit of the phone. Could also be a CMOS and/or RAM issue. The phone charges if it's on but not if it is off. It does not matter how much charge the battery has, if I turn it off it will not turn on again w/out hard resetting it.
    PS: It also does this with a custom recovery (TWRP) and a custom ROM (CloudyG3) so if it's a OS issue, it's with Android 5.0 in general. But It's probably a firmware issue.
    OK....Weird....now, if i put the battery back in after resetting, it is still not powering up. But if I plug it in to the charger with the battery in the screen come up and says 75% charge. If I press the power button, it turns on. OK wtf???
    If I restart instead of power off and then back on it works just fine. Totally mystified as to what could be going on here......
    NaosXp and Scottiebear69 like this.
    01-16-2016 07:50 PM
    I've had the same issues, and also have done similar testing(trying to fix) with the LG G3.

Issue 1: If my LG G3 is restarted from the OS (manually), it just turns off and does not turn back on. Plugging the phone into the WallPower is unresponsive.
    Issue 2: If my LG G3 battery is drained (0% then auto shuts down). Plugging the phone into the WallPower is unresponsive.

For both issues above, plugging into PC/WallPower does nothing. No LED lights are lite up for anything. Looks 100% bricked (but it's not).

*Temp Fix for both issues was to pull battery, then with battery out > hold power up and plug into PC/WallPower > battery logo shows up > Put battery back in.

These issues have happened with both the CloudyG3 2.5 ROM and CM 12.1 (2015-11-17) ROM, while leaving TWRP as the recovery. They are both 5.X Android variations.
    side question: is it safe to install a custom rom, then re-install stock recovery?

I did fix the issue 1 (not restarting) by completely returning the LG G3 to stock, then went through everything again: Root > install TWRP > install CloudyG3 2.5.
    Now the phone restarts fine when manually shutting down the phone with a restart option... but I still have issue 2 where if the battery drains and auto-offs, it stays unresponsive.

My current plan is to try going back to STOCK, Re-root, and just use the STOCK OS for a while.. test resets, test draining battery.. see how that goes.

**note: I feel Xposed might have something to do with the issue.. the problems always seem to be more prominent when setting xposed up.. Might have to do with the fact that with Xposed and CM, these options turn off the partial screen option (CIRCLE) which the LG G3 can do, but I don't care for it.
    Scottiebear69 likes this.
    02-04-2016 09:46 AM
    Hello,
    How did you get your LG G3 to work? mines literally had cracked & I took it to get fix. Once I brought it home it wouldn't charge nor did it come on! What's the problem? Can you help me?

Thanks,
    Z. McKnight
    03-20-2016 01:06 AM
    lg g3 D855 completely off.no start on off key. this problem during auto touch test after this show in screen mini os.a few days with out battery
    03-20-2016 08:15 AM
    My LG3 is only 7 months old! Last week it just went off and wouldn't come back on when I tried the reset with battery out so when I got home I put it on a charger! Took battery out reinstalled and it came on. Flash forward to a week later and it has done it again. This time it wouldn't come on using that trick so took to US Cellular store where lady practicly called me a liar saying the red dot was showing that it had moisture damage! My phone hasn't even been in a rainstorm with me or near any water,moisture or anything. So my question is since I'm getting a loaner phone tomorrow and shipping out to service department has anyone else had these issues? Do you think I'm screwed on my phones warranty? And lastly. Are there any other ways to get it fixed from anywhere else,and who?

Thanks,
    Scottiebear69
    04-21-2016 11:05 PM
    My LG3 is only 7 months old! Last week it just went off and wouldn't come back on when I tried the reset with battery out so when I got home I put it on a charger! Took battery out reinstalled and it came on. Flash forward to a week later and it has done it again. This time it wouldn't come on using that trick so took to US Cellular store where lady practicly called me a liar saying the red dot was showing that it had moisture damage! My phone hasn't even been in a rainstorm with me or near any water,moisture or anything. So my question is since I'm getting a loaner phone tomorrow and shipping out to service department has anyone else had these issues? Do you think I'm screwed on my phones warranty? And lastly. Are there any other ways to get it fixed from anywhere else,and who?

Thanks,
    Scottiebear69
    Welcome as a new member.

Sorry to hear of your trouble. I recommend posting also in the G3 forum, where other members may be able to advise.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-22-2016 02:18 PM
    My Verizon LG G3 VS 985 wont charge or turn on! I've taken the battery out held the power button for 30-60 seconds put the battery back in, pushed power button and NOTHING! So i did the same thing but instead of trying to power up i plugged it in. The red LED light would flash quick go off the screen would come on show the battery and plug on the screen with 0%, screen would go off and LED light would come on flash on and off like it typically would do when it charges then normally it would stop, phone would buzz and the screen would come on showing the battery with 5% or so black out then the LED would come on again and stay a solid red instead of flashing til it was done. Now now it'll flash for hours on end and i would tap the power button and it still shows 0%. On occasion i would start the process over and after charging for a while the phone buzzes like a notification that it has enough juice to start up, but it won't, it'll buzz for bout 2-3 seconds every 30 seconds til i unplug the phone, then I'll restart the process and again the LED will flash continuously and still wont charge. I even put in another used battery, I ordered another new battery if that's not it I'm gonna order a new cord if that's not the issue, would anyone have a clue what it may be? The last thing i wanna assume that it bricked!
    05-03-2016 10:08 PM
    Thanks a ton bro. It worked for me I was waiting for hours to turn it on. Thanks again brother!
    06-03-2016 07:09 AM
    I know this thread is old, but I stumbled upon this yesterday. If anyone needs a solution still, here it is: remove battery and put phone on charger. Wait until 'no battery icon' appears and put your battery back in. Hold the power button until logo appears
    06-13-2016 06:13 PM
    I went over to a mates house and fell asleep. When i woke up it wouldnt turn back on which i assumed meant it was out of battery.
    But when i got back home and plugged it into the charger it did nothing. So i put in a spare battery (i have 3 batterys due to this happening multiple times) and it still wouldnt work.
    I have tried taking out the battery for long periods of time and putting it back in, putting in a different one, taking out the micro Sim card but still nothing happens. I really need to get this sorted out quickly because i am going out travelling tomorrow and really need my phone to contact others and sort out trains :S
    This started happening 3 days ago and still isnt working :S
    06-17-2016 07:51 PM
    I went over to a mates house and fell asleep. When i woke up it wouldnt turn back on which i assumed meant it was out of battery.
    But when i got back home and plugged it into the charger it did nothing. So i put in a spare battery (i have 3 batterys due to this happening multiple times) and it still wouldnt work.
    I have tried taking out the battery for long periods of time and putting it back in, putting in a different one, taking out the micro Sim card but still nothing happens. I really need to get this sorted out quickly because i am going out travelling tomorrow and really need my phone to contact others and sort out trains :S
    This started happening 3 days ago and still isnt working :S
    See response in your other thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...ml#post5229049
    06-19-2016 03:35 AM
    I have tried that. Held it down for over a minute and it still does nothing. Im going to bring it into a phone repair shop tomorrow and see if they know what is going wrong with it
    06-19-2016 08:50 AM
    Sorry to hear. It sounds like it could be a problem with the Power button, or worst case, the motherboard.
    06-19-2016 12:17 PM
    Hi. Please help. My LG G3 switched off past night due to a low battery but now refuses to switch back on. There's no LED when charging and I tested the battery in another device and it works fine. I tried :

taking off the battery,
    then plug the phone without the battery,
    screen should light up,
    now put it the battery,

But when I put in the battery it switches off again. Please help. I need to switch it on for just 5mins to save my important documents at least.

Thanks
    06-29-2016 11:23 AM
    the same thing has happened to me. I have had this phone for over a year and it was working fine earlier. i plugged it in to charge while i took a nap and woke up to it in the same condition! i cant even back it up on my computer now!
    08-09-2016 08:22 PM
    Hi I Have LG G3 wont start a wont charger even The LED point dont start when i put it in charge .. the battery is good & cable & adapter is good also so what can i do ??
    09-13-2016 01:40 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! For the previous 3 posters--have you all tried a new or different battery?
    09-13-2016 03:11 PM
    Hi yes I've got the same issue my phone was fine then all of a sudden it just started to restart it self and then shut off the led is flashing blue and green and when i plugs it in the the charger it allows me to start up for a few seconds and then turns off very frustrating.
    11-23-2016 03:14 AM
    hey someone solved the problem ? the mine G3 is switched off then tried to switch back but doing nothing.... no led no power
    11-24-2016 12:56 PM
    As I mentioned in my previous post -- have you already tried a new battery?
    11-24-2016 11:41 PM
    Hunter's solution on page one worked for me.

I have a LG-D852. Thanks.
    04-30-2017 05:40 PM
    I've had my phone for about 7 months. Was working normally then I was charging it and the charging kept going off and on until it died. Then it wouldn't charge at all. I tried turning on the phone, different charger, different cable, nothing worked, it was completely lifeless like the battery was dead flat, but it wouldn't charge. Looked up the problem here and a lot of people said remove the battery and wait a few minutes then replace it. They also said plug in the charger with the battery out and that should light up the phone. It didn't do anything when I tried that with the battery out. I thought Uh Oh it's not gonna work for me. But I replaced the battery and pushed the ON button and the phone fired right up! When it came on the battery was 100% charged! I'm still worried bcuz one guy said he did that and a week later it died again and wouldn't come back on the second time. If that happens I'll update.
    07-23-2017 11:19 AM
72 123