Internet Speed of Note 4 vs S5?

A

AC Question

So I live in an area where I have to tetehr for internet because the only other option out here is Satalitte internet (and we know how that is). Im a heavy gamer across all Platforms (PC, PS4, Xbone). So where I am, I have US Cellular with their LTE. The speeds are good enough to gam eon without much issues.

I see the Galaxy S5 has LTE on it and already has a root for it. The Note 4 doesnt have LTE. So Im wondering what the difference in speed could be?

Would I be able to tether on the Note 4 with the same Speeds? Currently Im using a Galaxy S4 to tether, but its time to upgrade. The internet speed is the main thing for me. So basically what would have quicker speeds? Note 4 or Galaxy S5?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The Note 4 hasn't been officially announced yet, so we don't know the specifics--but I would say that it couldn't possibly lack LTE capability. LTE is essentially standard for flagships these days.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I think the OP is confusing the fact that the 805 (rumored for the Note 4) doesn't have an integrated LTE modem. But they're still going to add a dedicated one. Wouldn't make sense to ditch LTE

demindar

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
OP Here, didnt realize I wasnt logged in.

Anyways, I was going based off Versus IO.

versus(DOT)com/en/samsung-galaxy-note-4-vs-samsung-galaxy-s5

So my next question is: Which one woul dyou guys prefer and think is better?

I like power, camera, ect. Also, how soon do you think a root will come out for the Note 4? Cause I cant upgrade until a root comes out for the Note 4 if Im going to get that (since ther is already a root out for USCC Galaxy S5)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I prefer the Note series, but not for anything having to do with internet speeds. With anything but local connections topping out at about 2mbps these days, any phone is capable of much faster speeds than the connection from the phone to the game server, so the phone's internet speed isn't an issue. (If you're connecting a few laptops to one phone, it might be, if the phone were running 5mbps data speed, but that would probably indicate a weak signal or heavily congested area rather than anything to do with the phone. Even a 10mbps data connection is enough for 4 or 5 devices to game on. [And I doubt if you're getting 2mbps to the game server constantly on any wired internet connection unless you live pretty close to the server.])

pinkpoppy

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
yeah way too early to say. but theres no reason that it wouldnt have it!

im on the Note 2 atm & that even gets LTE 4G coverage & damn its good!
its sad when your phones data service is faster than your broadband internet! But thats life in my country! lol

codyoehl

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
The Note 4 should have better specs, but it depends on if you like the screen size
If you like the big screen, wait, if you don't really like it, then get the GS5

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5

demindar

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
The Note 4 should have better specs, but it depends on if you like the screen size
If you like the big screen, wait, if you don't really like it, then get the GS5

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5

I just need a new phone. I mean, mine is working for 99% of the use I make it for. I rooted my S5 and installed Cyanogenmod on it and it killed my Calling. I have to use the Vonage app to make out going calls. The screen size will be wesome for things like netflix, youtube, hulu, ect so thata a perk to me.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I just need a new phone. I mean, mine is working for 99% of the use I make it for. I rooted my S5 and installed Cyanogenmod on it and it killed my Calling. I have to use the Vonage app to make out going calls. The screen size will be wesome for things like netflix, youtube, hulu, ect so thata a perk to me.

Then the Note 4 is worth waiting for. It won't be much faster, if at all. Both will be more than enough to tether as long as your carrier gets good speeds where you live

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae