Note 2 GT-N7105 | SOFT KEY (TOUCH) LIGHTS DOES NOT WORK | NEED YOUR VERY KIND HELP

Gro_Max

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Hellow my friends !

I'm using Note 2 GT-N7105 device and yesterday I noticed my soft key touch lights does not light up. I have tried following after going through most of the previous threads but NO luck.

1) Went to Settings>my device>touch key light settings and put it even to "always on" but does not work
2) Checked whether the "power saving mode" is turned on, but it does not.
3) Checked whether any other 3rd party power saving app is running. (I have installed 01 but it is turned OFF don't know if it has a hidden process running behind)

Before I find this trouble in my phone, I have done following two things which might have caused this issue to me.

1) Updated Android jelly bean to KitKat 4.2.2. which I downloaded from SAM-MOBILE (Nautical country's Version)
2) Replaced the USB flex cable part as it started to malfunction, But I made sure all other pins are properly fitted to the main board before fitting the phone back.

Would very much appreciate all your advices in this regard.

Thank you so much,

Oshan.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, you say you downloaded from sam mobile. Are you sure you downloaded the correct model number firmware? If it's the wrong one, it might be causing the problem.

Gro_Max

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Thank you very much for your prompt reply, I'm pretty sure I have used the correct one, and this issue is only with the lights keys are working properly and even the haptic feedback is working fine.

This is the one which I used.

Model: GT-N7105
Model name: GALAXY Note II LTE
Version: Android 4.4.2
Changelist: N/A
Build date: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 +0000
Product Code: NEE
PDA: N7105XXUFND3
CSC: N7105NEEFND3
MODEM: N7105XXUFND3

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Thank you very much for your prompt reply, I'm pretty sure I have used the correct one, and this issue is only with the lights keys are working properly and even the haptic feedback is working fine.

This is the one which I used.

Model: GT-N7105
Model name: GALAXY Note II LTE
Version: Android 4.4.2
Changelist: N/A
Build date: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 +0000
Product Code: NEE
PDA: N7105XXUFND3
CSC: N7105NEEFND3
MODEM: N7105XXUFND3
OK...if that matches exactly it's fine
What have you tried other than checking for power saving options? Have you rebooted your device since the issue began?

Gro_Max

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
OK...if that matches exactly it's fine
What have you tried other than checking for power saving options? Have you rebooted your device since the issue began?

Yes My friend, I did rebooted few times and Even I cleared the factory cache as well which I found in a post here in this forum. but no luck

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes, the buttons are working without any issues, ONLY the lights does not light up !!!!
Hmm...Can't think of anything else. I have an app that disables the button lights, but since you have already checked for all of that, I'm thinking maybe it's a hardware issue.
Have you dropped your device or damaged it at all recently?

Gro_Max

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Hmm...Can't think of anything else. I have an app that disables the button lights, but since you have already checked for all of that, I'm thinking maybe it's a hardware issue.
Have you dropped your device or damaged it at all recently?

Luckily the phone doesn't dropped even once, but as I replaced the USB flex cable, It might have done something to the ribbon at that time, anyway what was that app you said I could try it even

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Everything works fine except the light issue, So can it possibly be a hardware issue ?? Please help guys....

Yeah. I think the app might have been root only, which is why it was not compatible.
Short of a factory reset, I don't know what else you could try before confirming that it's a hardware issue. But it does seem that it is if you ask me.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4