android yahoo mail gives wrong location

pjtwyman

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
my yahoo mail on android gives my location as India (not true) and says recent locations are Darwin and Djakarta (also not true). This occurs when I access the mail through a browser. I have android 4.2.2 on a Samsung Note 8.0. . This does not occur in my Yahoo app or any other apps or sites. Can you help? It also worries me that any location appears.

pjtwyman

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I am in Cambodia but using a vpn. The servers vary - sometimes Singapore and other times Hong Kong, Bangkok or Malaysia. I dont use a server in India but Yahoomail persists in locating me in Kolkatta. This problem has been on for several months.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'd guess that it has to do with the VPN. Maybe the servers in Singapore or Hong Kong are bouncing off of servers in India. I don't know many details of how VPNs work, so I can't be more specific.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I'd guess that it has to do with the VPN. Maybe the servers in Singapore or Hong Kong are bouncing off of servers in India. I don't know many details of how VPNs work, so I can't be more specific.

That would make sense. It does route you through different IP addresses around the world, so it might be showing that of another server.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair