Play Store app broken. How do I repair?

A

AC Question

I have a Motorola Atrix 2 running 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich. There are no upgrades beyond this.

Two days ago one of my apps stopped working. It was trying to use Play Store to verify its license, but Play Store had stopped working. It just hung there unable to connect.

Play Store is on the ROM. I did not root the machine or otherwise mess with it.

I uninstalled the updates to reset it to factory default. It still doesn't work. I tap on it, I get a window which says "Server Error. Try Again." This quickly closes and is replaced with the window which says "Unfortunately, Play Store has stopped."

Any other app which does not use Play Store is able to get on the Internet and has no problem.

How do I reload, repair the Play Store app?

Thanks in advance!

Bob W.

TinklePit

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
My phone does not appear to have those options.

I go to settings>apps and I get a list of applications. The only menu option is "Sort by Size"

I select "All" and then select Google Play Store.

There are no menu options here and there is no button to reset preferences. I tried clearing cache and data, but that had no effect. There were no defaults to reset.

Bob "TinklePit" W.

TinklePit

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I figured out that the problem probably stems from Google Play Services missing.

It is not anywhere under Manage Apps, either in the main list or at the end under Disabled. It is just gone.

How can I recover it?

Thanks!